Most newbies in online marketing get themselves mentors with the aim of succeeding in their respective businesses. However, experience have shown that not all mentees eventually make it. The blame most of the time goes to the mentor. You hear things like, 'he is also oe of them' 'I have been cheated again' and so on.
Even when you have an online business mentor, you can only succeed if:
1. You Deal Honestly With Your Mentor: In the last article, I talked about the qualities of the mentor. The student, i.e the mentee, also must possess some qualities. Top among them is Honesty. Your mentor may need to ask you questions, if your answers are not correct, you certainly may not get the best from him. Take a case of a doctor and his patient. If the problem of the patient is in the head and he talking about the back, the doctor will prescribe back relating drugs and that will be disastrous. So be honest!
2. Do Your Assignments: Good mentors always give assignments to their students. the more dedicated you are to these assignment, the better for you.
3. Take Action: This is one of the most crucial point in mentoring relationship. many students continue to collect information from several mentors without putting any to use. No matter how experienced your mentor may be, if you fail to take action towards what he is teaching you, you can not make money on line. Action is the key word in mentoring.
4. Be Inquisitive: Online mentoring relationship is best because you do not see the man teaching you. As such you can not give excuse of shyness. You therefore must develop high level of inquisitiveness. By that I mean ask questions. anything is not clear be free to ask. Some of the mentoring relationship requires you to pay some money before the training is commenced. It implies that you are basically wasting money if you don't understand a thing and you fail to ask.
5. Report Your Progress and Celebrate Your Achievement: If your mentor is updated about how you are making progress (even though it is his work to monitor that), he gets encourage and gives you more time. You may even be surprise how he will so promote you that your business get overnight boom.
6. Appreciate Your Mentor: One good way of doing this is to mention him to friends. Another is to write a testimonial for him and another is to provide him information on how he can improve his mentoring business through honest evaluation.